With your help, The Sunset Hills Children’s Foundation Works…
The Sunrise Center offers a place of hope and healing for children, teens and their families that are experiencing grief due to the loss of a loved one. We provide peer support groups in a safe, supportive and understanding environment with the supplies they need to be able to communicate effectively. In doing so, children and adults will realize they are not alone and may begin to heal by expressing their emotions and feelings, together.
Sunset Hills Children’s Foundation Scholarship –
- Provides a substantial scholarship to students in the High Desert who have experienced a tragic event in their lives.
- A $20,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student who is selected by Foundation Board Members on the Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship can be used at student’s post-secondary school of choice.
- Our Scholarship is the largest Scholarship awarded in the High Desert.
Ryan Cambridge Memorial Scholarship –
- Ryan Cambridge was a local contractor and business owner that tragically lost his life in a construction accident in 2005. Each year, Ryan’s legacy is kept in perpetuity by awarding up to $5000 in matching grants to our local Boy Scouts working on their Eagle Project, Girl Scouts working on their Gold Award and Venture Scouts working on their Summit Award with projects that are construction related. These projects will be created in order to better enhance our community, as well as keep the monies raised within our community.